“Be patient and read the whole article, and you may save yourself time and money”.
CAR GARAGE UAE
Getting a car repair is one of the most daunting process here in the UAE. Time consuming and most of the time costs more than what you would expect. As a common consumer, we all have been here before and the situation repeats it self as long as you have a car which requires constant repairs.
Some of you might already have a trusted garage, where you take your car for repairs and that makes you a very lucky person. Most of the consumers in the UAE have to rely on GOOGLE SEARCH to find a garage. But the fact will always remain the same “Which garage is right for me”?
GOOGLE SEARCH "CAR REPAIR"
If you type “Car garage near me or Car Repair”, you will get garages that are offering various services. I normally don’t go by this method because the question will always remain the same, “Are they the right garage for me”? Directly selecting a garage from google search without doing any additional research might just costs you extra.
What the car repair garages do once you take your car there is that They will inspect check your car and tell you what needs to be done, some will tell you exactly what needs to be done and others will have profits in mind and will try to get you to pay as much as possible for the repairs or unnecessary replacements.
THE RIGHT WAY TO GET YOUR CAR FIXED AT ANY GARAGE
Things to do in order to get your car fixed at a decent price.
- Call the service/part center (agency) for the brand of your car.
- Get the part number
- Then search for part suppliers online in the UAE first and get the prices for that part (call at least 2- or 3-part suppliers).
- Search international companies that sell parts and ship globally. (90% of the international suppliers have a way better price then local one).
- Now go with the supplier that offers the part cheaper and with warranty or with return option if any defects. Be sure that you have the right part number. I am 100% sure you will go with an international supplier.
- Now you have the part, second thing to do is to call around 3 or 4 garages and ask them for an installation price. Go with the one that is most cost effective.
(My example when I needed a part)
- Called locally for CV joint replacement part and got prices from one local parts supplier to be 2,200 aed. Called a second one and they gave me for the same part 3,000 aed.
- Called international supplier and got the same part shipped for 1,000 aed).
- Got it installed for 400 aed after calling around a few garages.
Buy the part yourself and have it installed by paying only the installation charges. If you allow all of this to be done by the garage, they will add margins to the parts and also labour and who knows what stories they will tell you in order to make the most money from you. They are trained, and as soon as you take your car to them and start the conversation about what is wrong with the car. They can detect if you know what you are talking about, and if they sense that you DON’T, then guess what, you are in for a very ride that will cost you money and time.
If you decide to sell your car and want the best price in the market then you can go to my home page and fill out the form and I will assist you in getting the best price https://justcarprice.com
3 thoughts on “CAR REPAIR IN THE UAE? 1 BEST PRACTICE !”
I have shortlisted a Range Rover Sport 2020 model around 10000 kilometers.
Now my concern is that it’s Diesel and Japanese Engine and specs .The interiors of the car is excatly the same as it is for the 2020 sport but the specs is Japanese .
So my question is that Will there be an issue if I buy a Japanese specs car and drive in the UAE. Also how can I get it checked if it had not gone through anything as the car looks and feels neat . Your earliest reply on this will be much much appreciated.
here is my reply to your query.
Q. So my question is that Will there be an issue if I buy a Japanese specs car and drive in the UAE.
A. No, as long as its been check for issue by RTA for road safety it should be fine. If it drives fine and you sense no issue, then it should be good to go. But for all used cars i always suggest that one take it to a known garage for a full check up before buying.
Q. Also how can I get it checked if it had not gone through anything as the car looks and feels neat .
A. I will send you the name of the garage in a direct email, so kindly check your email.
Your earliest reply on this will be much much appreciated.
A. Sorry for the late reply.
You’re doing a great job at getting out some very useful tips and ideas about car fixing. I have Bookmarked your page for future reference. Keep sharing!