How to decode or understand your vehicle’s identification number (VIN), also known as Chassis number here in the UAE.
Your vehicle ownership card here in the uae is called a “MULKIA”. As you can see from the picture above the location of the VIN number on your mulkia. It consists of 17 numbers and letters. They all together identify you car. We have always wondered what these letters and numbers actually mean. Here below i have listed what these numbers and letters mean and how they can be used to identify your car.
- 1st character: Where the vehicle was built
- 2nd and 3rd character: The Manufacturer
- 4th and 8th characters Portrait of the vehicle- brand, engine size and type
- 9th character: Security code that identifies the VIN as being authorized by the manufacturer
- 10th character: Model year of the car
- 11th character: Indicates which plant
- Last 6 characters: Serial number of the vehicle
In order to accurately identify the car, you can always use the list above to identify your car. Hope this list has clarified what the VIN number actually means.
For more information you can visit the following site Vehicle Identification Number.